Private mortgage lending is our specialty. 100% of the loans we arrange at IFC are with private lenders. We arrange all types of mortgages and it can be for any purpose.
We have many private lenders. Some of them are retired people investing RRSP for income, some are builders who like construction loans, some are regular people borrowing money to lend on mortgages. When you apply for a private mortgage, the lender considers these major points:
- The purpose of your loan, what the money is being used towards;
- The exit strategy to pay the lender at the end of the term;
- Location and loan to value;
- Your current status with Canada Revenue, do you owe taxes?
- Are the property taxes paid up to date?